Monday, December 17, 2012

CHRIS MICE



I forgot how time consuming and labor intensive these guys were.  I made 3 dozen to take to various parties and places before Christmas.  I have enough ingredients to make 3-4 dozen more, but not sure I will. 

I took some to a party Friday night and they were a big hit.


You can find the recipe if you Google Chocolate Covered Cherry Mice. 
I just call them ChrisMice :)

Do you have all your presents bought and wrapped?  And your holiday baking done?  Or will you be making the mad dash this weekend to finish up?  I think I'm finished.  Even got Mom's recumbent bike put together Saturday for her so she can begin using it (FedEx delivered it earlier than scheduled, leaving it on her porch instead of helping her in with it).  Sweetie did most of the work and figuring out what piece goes where - I am not good with that kind of thing. 

13 comments:

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

yummy looking chocolate mice. I bet everyone loves when you arrive to a party with a batch of those!

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

waaaaaaa! that's too cute not to try, love them Rhon!

Studio at the Farm said...

Sounds like you've been very busy, Rhonda. I LOVE your chocolate-covered cherry mice!!!

Carol Blackburn said...

These mice are just adorable, Rhonda. Yep, presents all bought and mailed. Nothing left to do but sit back and relax. Blessings to you and yours.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - these not only look cute but I bet they are delicious as well. Thanks for making me hungry (LOL).

renate said...

Hi Rhonda:) I've never seen such sweet mice!! They look terrific:) Thank you so much for the idea and the beautiful photo!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Oh the patience you have! But they are adorable and yummy too I bet.

Most gifts bought just a few last minute things to get when I am inspired.

I'm doing as little baking as I can't eat any of it and the temptation would be difficult. Most of all, I just want to enjoy my week off and sleep!

Sadami said...

~(*o*)~ ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ !!

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the mice but was tickled silly by the "droppings." LOL Great sense of humor, Rhonda!

RH Carpenter said...

Carol, they were a big hit :)
Teresa, hi! It takes some time but they are cute (I should have been more delicate with their eyes - they look a bit big and scary! ha ha
Thanks, Kathryn, Carol, Debbie, Renate and Sadami, for your comments :)
Jeanette, I know what you mean - I have been eating TOO MUCH junk since Halloween and need to stop NOW!!!
Sherry, you are the only one who got the mice droppings! ha ha I took them to the party that way but the hostess took them out of the container and put them on a tray without them - guess she didn't think they were funny? They are just chocolate sprinkles tossed in at the end.

debwardart said...

Best chocolate treat I've ever seen - they are DARLING!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb. They are pretty tasty, too - but I wouldn't give one to Stray (chocolate is bad for dogs and cats).

Carol Blackburn said...

I just had to take a look at these again, they are sooooo cute. I'm glad they were a big hit.