Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MORE BITS AND PIECES



Just a few bits from the larger painting I'm doing (full sheet).  Will show the whole thing once I get it finished and entered at the end of the week.  Wish me luck!!





While doing some reading about crows, I found out that crow eggs can be a lot of different colors, from a beige or green background with mottled bits to a reddish color with wine and maroon mottles.  The most boring ones are beige with olive mottled bits on it.  I chose to depict the prettier version.  Have to have some "round" things to make my painting work at this stage.  My friend, Sharon, recommended something shiny (which crows like to collect) so I will make the small ball more shiny using irridescent paint and darkening the bottom.  And what would crows be without a full moon?  Or a pretty stone dropped on the ground.


9 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Rhonda,
These works are sooo beautiful!! Congrats!
Best wishes, Sadami

Lorraine Brown said...

Just little bits to keep us guessing, looking forward to seeing the whole painting

Autumn Leaves said...

Looking forward to seeing the whole piece, Rhonda!

Studio at the Farm said...

I really look forward to seeing the entire painting - these little morsels are intriguing. And you lucky hot-dog, you - a visit from Carol Carter!!! WOW!

irinapictures said...

I am so glad you plan to enter your art. Look forward to see the whole painting.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Sadami. Lorraine, Sherry and Kathryn :)

Irina, just a few more days! ha ha I'm glad you liked the book recommendation.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Yum! Love the research and intrigue :)

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - these bits and pieces look good. So glad you will be entering your lovely work in the art show. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Take care and have a great week-end.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Pam and Debbie. Can't wait for the weekend - but one more day to go!