Wednesday, October 16, 2013

NO MORE BLOOMING WISTERIA



Back in May of this year, I drove over to my allergist's office for my regular allergy shot - and was met with this gorgeous display of wisteria in full bloom.  I had to stop and take photos.  


The wisteria was completely covering the gazebo underneath until all you saw was the top part of the structure.

I am glad I took a few photos.
Because a construction crew working on the building beside the gazebo has bulldozed the gazebo and the wisteria to the ground!  It should be a crime to destroy something so beautiful as that blooming wisteria and that cute gazebo.  I almost cried...

So instead of a One Word Wednesday, I'm sharing how lovely this was just a few months ago.  All things are impermanent.  But I'm finding it more difficult all the time to be okay with that when it seems loveliness is being bulldozed and ugliness is what replaces it. 
 I could be wrong now...but I don't think so (as the Monk theme song says).
  


10 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

No, you are not wrong in your thinking on this! How sad that this happened. Very depressing.

RH Carpenter said...

Susan, isn't that a gorgeous display? I wonder if any of the construction crew stashed a few of the pods/seeds to take home and plant - or give to someone to plant. Such a waste!

hw (hallie) farber said...

This is sad.

Vandy said...

Oh my, but that must have had the most amazing perfume. What a loss. Thank you for sharing the photograph, Rhonda.

Lorraine Brown said...

The Wisteria was magnificent and is one of my favourite blooms. How awful that such a beauty is no longer there for all to admire

Autumn Leaves said...

This type of wanton destruction also breaks my heart. If I'd have known they were going to do that to the wisteria, I would have asked to take it home myself and try replanting it.

Cathy Gatland said...

Oh no, Rhonda - that is a crime! I planted wisteria outside my studio two years ago, and this spring it already put on a great show (probably going to smother the building too in another couple of years!)

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Ugh, that is a sick feeling experience. Now these would be a perfect images to put in one of your S&B journals as a tribute to a wonderful gazebo and the wisteria. :)

Studio at the Farm said...

I totally agree, Rhonda! It is so very sad.

RH Carpenter said...

I'm so glad others see the sadness in this ruin of a beautiful thing - I was beginning to think that maybe I'm just too emotional at times (which is also true!). I will miss this so much and always hope someone took something home to try to grow this at their home.