Thursday, April 3, 2014

LUCKY ME: CAROL CARTER IS COMING TO TOWN!

My friend and favorite watercolor artist, Carol Carter, is coming to Cincinnati to give a 3-day workshop beginning Friday morning, April 4!!!  Lucky me.  And lucky ones who are going to learn so much in this workshop for 3 days!

I know it's going to be hours of talking and sharing information about watercolor and how it works; lots of sharing fun, food, drink and talk - with Carol and all the workshoppers.  

All but three of the participants are from the local area and all but four are current members of our local watercolor society (GCWS).  

I can't wait to meet Laura Starrett, a fellow blogger I've been following. I'll be picking her up at the airport and I know we'll have time to get to know each other over the 3 days.  It is always fun to "meet" someone through their blog and then get to know them in person at a workshop or a meeting.  I already love her work, so it will be fun for me to see her paintings in person.


I will, of course, share a few things from the workshop when it's over and I've rested my brain :)


If you've never taken a workshop with Carol Carter, you really should.  She's wonderful with a capital W!  Her blog is full of workshops for the spring and summer - take a look and see if there is one you can attend.




6 comments:

Maggie Latham said...

Have fun Rhonda. Looking forward to reading about it.

Autumn Leaves said...

Sounds like you will be having a blast! Wish I could do a workshop sometime but in the end, it would be an exercise in frustration and futility for me (not to be negative, but quite honest). Hope you have a great time, Rhonda!

RH Carpenter said...

Maggie and Sherry, it was a great workshop - challenging but not overwhelming, fun, educational, interesting, with lots of tidbits about living the art life and Carol's goals as a full time working artist. She is the best!! I'll post photos and things from the workshop after I rest and catch up on things here at home.

debwardart said...

Thanks for all your hard work with Carol's workshop - it was a great one.

RH Carpenter said...

Glad you enjoyed the workshop, Deb!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Wish I could have taken part.