Tuesday, May 27, 2014

AND SO IT BEGINS...




On full sheet (22 x 30 inches) Arches 140# cold press paper.  



I will save the rest until finished and entered in the show - just to be on the safe side, considering how many people copy others' work these days online.

Had watercolor class this morning.  
One of my students couldn't come but one student brought her sister, who is visiting from Arizona (and isn't happy with the humidity here!).  I've got them all doing their own photos or reference materials now and I think they'll learn a lot doing it this way.  More thinking involved in composition, colors, technique to use, etc.  

6 comments:

AK said...

Will wait for the complete one. All the best.

Autumn Leaves said...

I hope you've not had copying problems, Rhonda. This looks a great start!!

MILLY said...

This looks so interesting, you have some stunning birds in your country. Good luck, you seem to have done so much preparation so hope it goes well.
It was lovely to find you had visited, thank you. X

Judith Farnworth Art said...

I am aiming for that with my group as well Rhonda... not easy using your own references, so many challenges when not being tutor led but so agree it is the way for them to develop!!

Unknown said...

The background looks wonderfully rich and evocative. What show is it for? I want to come see!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Asit :)
No problems for me, Sherry, but I know a lot of people have had problems.
Milly, these are in our southeastern areas and so interesting.
Judith, it's hard to get people to understand to use their own photo references and drawings, but it's something that just keeps coming up until it's instilled :)
Katherine, I'm thinking ahead to the Viewpoint show - due date July 1st, so I have time. And they are allowing people to enter 4 paintings - with 2 possibly being accepted. (A way to make more money for the group, I'm sure.)