Thursday, July 17, 2014

A BEAUTIFUL DAY, A BEAUTIFUL MESSENGER



Here in Northern Kentucky we are experiencing cooler weather.  Seems some Canadian air has drifted down as far as Florida!  And I'm not complaining because it is soooo nice.  No humidity, just 70F+ temperatures for highs, cool nights.  Open windows.  Which was why I heard "CAW CAW CAW" several times this morning, grabbed Sweetie's camera and shot out the bedroom window to catch this guy being watched by a couple of bluejays.  Both crows and bluejays are in the Corvid family, but the jays didn't look like they were going to invite this crow to their family reunion!





Can you see the bluejays in the photo?  See how much bigger the crow is than the jay (which is not a small bird)?




5 comments:

Lorraine Brown said...

nice when you can catch shots like these Rhonda, as for weather we are experiencing quite a cold (by our standards) and wet wintery days here

Sadami said...

Hi, Rhonda, Thank u for good shots. I did not know a blue jay! Oh, I certainly got their images. Cheers, Sadami

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - looks like you are to a good start with a painting. Isn't it wonderful when you can capture something so well on film. I am loving this Canadian weather - like you I am not complaining - just beautiful. Thanks so much for your thoughts concerning my Mom - she is just fine - all went well. Hope you have a great week-end.

Autumn Leaves said...

I thought you were in Ohio, Rhonda! Sometimes these crows are so huge that I mistake them for a hawk when I see them!! Glad you are having such great weather. We're still hitting mid and upper 80's here. I find that too hot, but the humidity has lessened from last week so that helps a bit.

RH Carpenter said...

I just happened to hear him caw-caw-cawing out the open window, Lorraine, and couldn't resist!
Sadami, I am pleased you get to see the bluejays - we have so many here and the babys are wanting to be fed all the time now.
Debbie, I'll definitely use this in a painting sometime!!
Sherry, no, Northern Kentucky born and raised. Yes, he was a big bird, especially compared to the bluejays which are our biggest to come to the feeders. This morning it's still damp and misty - and cool = perfect!!