Tuesday, August 19, 2014

RAINBOW DANCER





Rainbow Dancer
11 x 15 inches
Arches 140# cold press paper






Sweetie was asked to take photographs at the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society show in Mariemont Sunday.  We went over around 1:45 and they announced the winners around 2:00 pm.  He got photos of the winners with their winning paintings and big smiles and will send them to Deb Ward, who does our blog.  Check for the photos and info about the show coming up there later this week.  Just go to
http://http://grtrcincyws.blogspot.com to see the photos and read about the winners.  (We gave away a First, Second, Third place and three Honorable Mentions.  First Place went to a watercolor, Second Place went to an acrylic + watercolor on Yupo, Third Place went to a watercolor on Yupo, and the Honorable Mentions went to an acrylic on canvas, a watercolor + gouache, and an acrylic ink.)



Until then, here is a couple of shots of the crowd.  We had A LOT of people come to the opening reception.  That is always a good thing.  Plus two paintings sold.










People love hanging out around the table filled with food.  And I saw quite a few people coming in with bottles of wine.













For photos of the paintings and the winners, go to the GCWS blog later in the week.





And after another GCWS show where I didn't get a ribbon, this post from Dreama Tolle Perry from her webpage, came in handy for me to read!  Perhaps you'd like to read it, too?  If so...go here.
My problem is, I can't imagine people don't love my crow paintings as much as I love painting them! ha ha  

4 comments:

Sadami said...

Thank u, Rhonda for sharing the charming work and the wonderful photos! You're so nice!!! Cheers, Sadami

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - I love your crow paintings. They make me smile and this one is no exception. I have quite a few flying in our field - they could become a great muse for me as well. Hugs.

Autumn Leaves said...

Goodness, Rhonda! This crow highlighted by the rainbow colors is wonderful! The show looks like it was fun!

RH Carpenter said...

Glad you enjoyed everything on the post, Sadami. Debbie, thanks so much! The crows - and Canada geese seem to gather along the highway and I can't stop and get photos of them :( wahhhh!
Thanks, Sherry.