Monday, January 26, 2015

FLOWERS - GET WELL AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS




These flowers, from my sister and brother-in-law, are a get well bouquet, but I'm claiming them as a birthday bouquet, too.  Why?  Well because today is my birthday.  I've already eaten a red velvet cake iced brownie to celebrate and there will probably be more sweets to come later :)






But until I have something to share from drawing or painting, I'll share the flowers with you - you may be inspired to draw or paint them.











I may have my students give it a try tomorrow in class - drawing and painting whites can be challenging.

Of course, I should do it, too!  But sweets are calling my name today for some reason...and I've been told I can eat whatever I want today because it's my birthday! ha ha






This morning, there was a hawk (I think a Cooper's Hawk) on the railing of the deck.  It looked at me as I looked at it through the kitchen window.  The birds had gotten the word and were no where to be seen, but the hawk was around a while, waiting.  Only a silly or brave squirrel was foolish enough to come to the feeder while the hawk was sitting on the deck railing - maybe it was too big for the hawk to try it because it just flew to a lower railing on the deck and then off into the trees. 





I got a lot of get well cards today and appreciate them so much.  I am healing well and trying not to overdo it with lifting and moving around a lot.  I also got 3 e-cards for my birthday :)

We have a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning.  But the folks in the northeast US are going to get hit with Winter Storm Juno today, a blizzard of historical proportions.  So let's send out a wish and a prayer that everyone stays safe and warm and is very careful out there (if they have to be out).   I remember a January 26th blizzard we had where nothing happened all day and I walked in snow up to my hips to my grandmothers house from my aunts house (just 2 houses down) because I couldn't just sit inside and not see anyone or talk to anyone on my  birthday.  I felt pretty sorry for myself that day but I remember it more than other birthdays that have come and gone.  

What about you?  Have you had any big birthday events that created memories for you?  If not, then make plans to go out and create something big on your next birthday!  Why not?  What's stopping you?  

9 comments:

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Beautiful flowers.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Rhonda,
Happy Birthday!!!!! All the Best today and forever.
Enjoy those sweets and beautiful flowers.
Sincerely,
Gary.

Sadami said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Rhonda, even Australia, celebrates the day with fire works --- Australia day!
Cheers, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Carol - glad you didn't get snowmaggedden this time!!
Thanks, Gary and Sadami :) I do like seeing those fireworks on my birthday, Sadami! ha ha

Unknown said...

Happy birthday and thanks for the flower pictures, enough to brighten any day. I've been thinking about shifting some of my attention to flowers so who knows?

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, best wishes from our house to you. I hope you had a wonderful day x

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Mick! And remember, Georgia O'Keeffe did all right with painting flowers :) And they make good models - all they need is some water once in a while.

Thank you so much, Lisa :)

Carol Flatt said...

Looks like you are already having a great start to your day! What a beautiful bouquet, you lucky girl!! Wha-hoo!!!

RH Carpenter said...

My students today have flowers to paint and they did a great job - with almost no whining!! ha ha