Tuesday, May 5, 2015

EVERY DAY IN MAY...OKAY

Well, for some reason, by telling myself I wasn't going to participate in the Every Day in May drawing/sketching challenge, I am actually participating! ha ha  Strange but that's the way it's working so far.




So...I did redraw the Nearby Tree for EDiM - May 2 while sitting in the sunroom and looking out the windows at a tree in the neighbor's yard just past our fence.

It doesn't look any better than the first one I did without looking at a tree but the goal is not to spend hours on this - just to sketch quickly and get some color in (or not) and be done with it.  I accomplished that goal.  

Drawing with the Pitt pens and putting the color in with watercolor pencils.  I did use a Niji travel brush and blend the color a little.






And here is my EDiM for May 3 = Curtains is the word.  I don't have any interesting curtains in my entire house so picked these out online - pretty, elegant, and I wouldn't mind having these if they fit in my house anywhere.


More to come later, I think...we'll see.  I've only done 3 and I have more to do to catch up.  May have to do 2-3 a day?  And this is where the pressure begins that one puts oneself through on these challenges.  No, don't have to do any at all or just do the one that appeals to me and move on...




5 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

Oh snap Rhonda! Just did a similar post. Good discipline I suppose - I don't know how long I'll last!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

I like that by telling yourself you're not going to do EDiM you're doing it. Well done. I like these two sketches. I don't have any curtains either.

Autumn Leaves said...

What GORGEOUS curtains!! And I always love trees!

Caroline Simmill said...

Lovely drawings Rhonda!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Cathy. Your work is so much more finished than mine - love it! But this is just a quick sketch each time to meet the challenge for me.

Carol, I used reverse psychology on myself and it seemed to work - so far! ha ha

Sherry, thanks, I liked the photo I found for these.

Thanks, Caroline!