Friday, May 22, 2015

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Here in the US, we have a 3-day Memorial Day weekend coming up.  Usually, the pools open and people use their grills for the first time.  We had hot weather that turned very very cool (down to 45F at night) but it's warming up again.  Sun is shining, flowers are blooming, I am still slowly adding to the hydrangea painting and have another one begun (drawn out) which will be pale blues with touches of pink. 
My hydrangea by the front door is turning very purple.  I am reading how to get it to change back to blue.  

Last night, two cats were making love or war outside my bedroom window all night long!!!  Every time they quieted down, and I fell asleep, another YOWL woke me.  The skinny black female even hung around this morning, walking around the house howling.  On my walk this morning, I stopped and she stopped, we both looked at each other, and I told her, "If you spend one more night outside my window howling like that, I am taking you to the pound.  I'm serious!"  She seemed to ponder that and then turned away as I turned away from her.  We'll see.

Now, I don't hate cats.  I like cats.  Unfortunately, we have 4 cats in the neighborhood who roam freely and none of them have collars so I don't know where they belong.  But I do know where they do NOT belong = outside my window at 3 AM.   

Dog owners have to have their dogs on a leash to walk them or they have to keep them in their own yards.  Why are cat owners allowed to let their cats free to roam the neighborhood, killing birds and smelling up the ground (using it as a litter box)?  

When we had cats (2) they were never allowed to go out.  They didn't know to want to go out.  They had pretty good lives inside and didn't really pay much attention to the birds even if they were out in the sunroom, able to watch them. 

What would you do if you have no way of knowing where this cat belongs?   




2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

The pound would be out for me. They will put them down if not adopted. She obviously has not been spayed either...poor thing. That yowling is horrendous though, isn't it? We've been getting similar weather here...40s when I go out to work in the a.m.

RH Carpenter said...

The yowling seems to go right through me, Sherry, like nails on a chalkboard!!! Warming up here now - going to be 80F today.