Wednesday, March 9, 2016

LITTLE PINK PIGGIES


Painted the second little piggie and the stone wall.  

Because of the lights around the piggies, they look cut out and pasted on the background - just a little softening around some edges (not every one but those we want pushed back into the background more) will take care of that.  

I wonder if the left piggie is singing and the right piggie is a critic? ha ha



By softening the edges, I had to lay in some more color so darkened the greens to play off the pinks.  


Not Everyone Liked Hermione's Singing



And don't forget it's the month to paint Peeps!!!  I need to find some photos - or buy more and take new photos.  They come in so many colors now.  Remember when there were only 1-2 colors?  I don't eat them but Sweetie does (after melting them a bit in the microwave).  And I've been thinking about pomegranates.  I'm sure they have some at the grocery.

8 comments:

debwardart said...

Will send this link to my hubby!

RH Carpenter said...

LOL! Deb, tell him I said, "Sooo-eeeee!" ha ha Spring is coming, right???

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Everyone's a critic Hermione! Lol, her singing face looks rather joyful all the same. Such a fun painting.

E.M. Corsa said...

Love this singing pig. I think I can hear him at my house!

Jennifer Rose said...

Peeps! I miss their rot your teeth sugar sweetness :p

love the title for your piggies :D

Jeanette Jobson said...

These are perfect little pigs! One of your best pieces. The lighting, values and colour work well. Good call on softening the edges to make them appear more natural.

Reminds me of when we kept pigs. What adventures!

Lorraine Brown said...

Such a fun piece Rhonda

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Awww, love your piggies. So cute. So pink! So happy.