Tuesday, February 21, 2017

OFF ON A TANGENT?

I don't know.  Sometimes I am in the middle of something - or just started something and I'm not really INTO it yet so...



I go off on a tangent, getting out the TerraSkin paper and the acrylic inks and playing with color and shape.  I never know where I'm going but it does seem to relieve a little tension.


Got my latest Acrylic Artist magazine today and really enjoyed the article on Joan Fullerton.  I don't paint intuitively - when I do it I just say I'm throwing paint around and hoping for something decent to come out of it! ha ha  But she says, "Making art often triggers insecurity.  Yet those willing to embrace doubt and fear as a part of the process can learn how to play through their uncertainties and appreciate whatever shows up on the canvas."  I think that's about right.  I like her artwork.













Now time to get back to the Great Blue Heron painting...

3 comments:

E.M. Corsa said...

Love, Love, Love Joan Fullerton! I do work intuitively, even with my tightest work. I'll bet you do to a point too and just don't realize it.

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, Elizabeth, her work is lovely! I guess we all start intuitively but then our tightness begins - wish I could throw that all away for more impressionistic work but we can't fight our own internal psychology when it comes to how we work even if we love seeing truly abstract work from others - that's why there's so much good art out there of all kinds :)

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

I love these Rhonda. They have a looseness and excitement to them.