Friday, September 29, 2017

RUINED

Well, this painting just was not flowing...and I knew it as soon as I got to the bottom tulips.  

I liked the chair and the cherries but working on a bunch of tulips based on a drawing and a photo just was giving me fits.  Plus I was overworking them to death on the 140# coldpress paper.  And yet, I just kept going and going and going!!

Not even going to show that part.  

Unfortunately, I kept painting - tulips in the bottom right, then a "table" and jar with a striped tablecloth that also was not working.  But I just kept going.

Whew!  I hope I got that mess out of my system because now it's time to start fresh.  So, with a white sheet of 300# paper (not sure if it's Arches or Fabriano), I began drawing in the elements I wanted and trying to be slow and careful (not how I usually work at all, hence the overworked aspects).  

So...wish me luck.  I have begun again.  And, hopefully, I won't be so heavy-handed.




4 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda, I know your skills and guts will lead/guide you, not luck. You're a hard worker. Please take care. Best wishes, Sadami

Barbra Joan said...

Rhonda, don't be hard on yourself, we have all been there. I am the queen of overwork. !
Start again and I bet you'll do fine... good luck.

Jennifer Rose said...

well we all have those pieces that just dot work out, learning experience and yes hopefully the next one works better for you :)

RH Carpenter said...

This is such small potatoes compared to what is going on in the world today - why are so many people so angry about everything? Wouldn't it be nice if we all we happy and/or content 90% of the time - is that too much to ask? I will keep escaping into art but then it hurts when art fails me in this way (actually, I guess I fail it by not knowing what to do when I get in the middle of a mess but that's another thing). So...onward...keep putting down the paint and see where it takes me - we all have bad pieces that won't behave!!
Thanks for your constant support, Sadami, Barbra Joan and Jennifer Rose.