Monday, March 5, 2018

BIRTHDAY GIFT CARD = ART SUPPLIES



We all know that art supplies are not cheap - so it's always great to get a gift card for a birthday or Christmas present.  Then you can spend a few minutes choosing some new art supplies (or replacing those things you have about exhausted in your kit).  So for my birthday, I got a gift card from Dick Blick Art Supplies - and bought some replacement pigment (2) and a new watercolor block I've never tried, and 3 new brushes.  I had to kick in a bit of $ for the final cost, but it was fun picking out things.  How about you?  Do you like getting artist gift cards for presents?

(My birthday was in January but the family couldn't get together until February and I just received the things I ordered.)



I also pulled out a pack of Strathmore blank postcards I had with my printmaking paper, along with a block of 6 x 8 inch Fluid Watercolor paper.  I'll be using them to play and make little things to send to friends :) 
 (Caroline, I have your address now and will be sending you something by next week - I imagine it will take a week to get there to snowy Scotland, but one never knows.)

Wish I could share the little bee painting on the postcard, but I ruined it :(  Will try another.



4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Rhonda - art supplies are the best gift. Maybe I should hint to my hubby!! :)) Enjoy - will be looking forward to seeing one of those bees. Hugs

Jennifer Rose said...

i dont get gift cards, either money for books or art supplies so I can get the right things. but im running out of space for more books :p

nice selection of supplies youv'e got there :)

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda, it was your birthday! Make yourself happy. Let's enjoy painting. Best wishes, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, Debbie, art supplies are the best - books and art supplies!!

Jennifer Rose, you are a voracious reader so I imagine your home it filled with books :) I do have a few piled up and in bookshelves, too - some in boxes, also!! ha ha

Sadami, thanks so much :)